Insert Windows and Doors
Improve your home and keep the look
This may be a good option if your existing wooden joinery is sound and you want to retain the style of your house. It is not possible to add insert windows to rotten frames.
- Style of your home doesn’t change
- Windows are aluminium, well sealed and double glazed
- Thermal efficiency of your home is improved
- Security of your home is improved
- You can choose your colour
- Existing wooden frames, sills etc will need ongoing maintenance and painting.
- It is more difficult to replace doors into existing frames as they are generally bigger than modern frames
- Minimal work (if any) required after installation
- Installation is usually straightforward and completed in 2-3 days for most jobs
How we do it
Remove existing timber sashes (the opening windows).
Remove all the fixed glass.
Remove all the internal timber – we leave just the outside frame in place.
Insert new double glazed aluminium window.
Weather seal the outside of the new window.
Finish the inside and clean.